Monday 26 August 2013

Whole wheat Dates Muffins

               It’s been a long time I baked something. When I was a student, I used to bake cakes in the cooker as I didn’t have an oven then. I would mostly start the process late in the evening and it would take eons to bake a cake in the cooker. So, normally it will be done by midnight. By the time I wake up in the morning dreaming about patterns to cut the cake, half of it would have vanished.  Now with a five month old to manage, I don’t even find time to cook daily essentials, forget about baking. But yesterday the baking bug caught me strong and I wanted to bake something quick & easy before it bites me. So I made these healthy muffins adapted from here. I halved the original recipe & got ten muffins. By the time I finished my work & settled down for a quick click to upload I realized that there was not a single one left. So I made it again today with some changes to the original recipe making it much healthier this time.

 
 
Ingredients :
 

10-15 dates - seedless
1 cup milk
5 Tablespoon jaggery
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
5 tablespoon oil
1 Tbsp Pistachios (chopped)
1 Tbsp melon seeds
 
Method :
 
Chop the dates and soak in hot milk.
Preheat the oven at 220°C.
Once the milk cools down, blend the soaked dates, milk and the jaggery and bring it to a smooth paste.
Shift it to a bowl and add oil to it. Now add the flour gradually and mix it.
Add the chopped pistachios & melonseeds while saving a little for later on.
Arrange the muffin mould, Pour the batter to 2/3rd of each mould and sprinkle the saved nuts on the top. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
 
Linking this recipe to Shruti’s ‘Sweet Celebration’ Event :)
Sweet Celebration


No comments:

Post a Comment